Monday, September 22, 2014

Eugenics Watch: ObamaCare Architect Announces "Optimal Age of Death"


It’s Ezekiel ‘Death Panel’ Emanuel at it again. The article is supposedly about his personal choice, but within it is an implicit judgment on the value of life. Hurry up and die, don’t oppress your children and society with the possibility having to take care of you. Or in his words, is “our consumption” “worth our contribution”?

Seventy-five.
That’s how long I want to live: 75 years.
This preference drives my daughters crazy. It drives my brothers crazy. My loving friends think I am crazy. They think that I can’t mean what I say; that I haven’t thought clearly about this, because there is so much in the world to see and do. To convince me of my errors, they enumerate the myriad people I know who are over 75 and doing quite well. They are certain that as I get closer to 75, I will push the desired age back to 80, then 85, maybe even 90.
I am sure of my position. Doubtless, death is a loss. It deprives us of experiences and milestones, of time spent with our spouse and children. In short, it deprives us of all the things we value.
But here is a simple truth that many of us seem to resist: living too long is also a loss. It renders many of us, if not disabled, then faltering and declining, a state that may not be worse than death but is nonetheless deprived. It robs us of our creativity and ability to contribute to work, society, the world. It transforms how people experience us, relate to us, and, most important, remember us. We are no longer remembered as vibrant and engaged but as feeble, ineffectual, even pathetic.

Thank You Nickarama and The Atlantic. 


Fine. If he really feels that strongly about it - for himself that is - we'll start a calender on him at age 74, and then plant one of those Federal Dept. of SWAT Teams in his front yard a week before his 75th birthday.

The Trivialization of SWAT - Breitbart

Long and Short of it?

Guy's full of it. Period. He'd no more off himself than any of the Other clowns advocating for getting rid of oldsters to save money.

He'll go - if he's got the dough - hooked to all kinds of expensive hospital life support at at least 89 while hoping, praying and finding Jesus for his death bed conversion, at 99.


No comments: