Why? Because dead babies don’t bother them.
Via TWS:
Senate Democrats blocked a bill on Monday night to defund Planned Parenthood without having watched the undercover videosdocumenting the organization’s involvment in harvesting aborted baby organs and selling them to biotech companies.
“I have not seen them,” Senator Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire told me after the vote.
“I’m sorry, what’s your name?” asked Senator Brian Schatz of Hawaii in response to a simple yes-or-no question. “Can you call my comms director?”
“I have not seen them, no,” Senator Bob Casey of Pennsylvania told me last week.
As New York senator Chuck Schumer stepped into a senators-only elevator, I asked him the same yes-or-no question. “Shut the door,” Schumer told an aide.
Only one Democratic senator, Claire McCaskill of Missouri, told me that she had seen any of the videos. McCaskill agreed that the videos were disturbing, but she added that “that’s not the point. The point is to prevent abortions by making sure that women can get birth control.”