The 10 Top Grossing Public Hospitals
July 8, 2014 | By Zack Budryk
University of California San Francisco Medical Center at Parnassus leads public hospitals nationwide in gross revenue, according to Becker's Hospital Review.
Becker's used Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services cost report data as analyzed by the American Hospital Directory to determine the top 50 highest-grossing public hospitals, including short term acute-care, critical access and children's facilities, according to the article.
The 10 highest-grossing hospitals, according to the analysis, are:
- University of California San Francisco Medical Center at Parnassus, with $7.67 billion
- University of California Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, with $6.36 billion
- University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers in Ann Arbor, with $5.32 billion
- Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center in Columbus, with $5.22 billion
- The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, with $5.19 billion
- UAB Hospital in Birmingham, Alabama, with $4.6 billion
- Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, with $4.25 billion
- Parkland Hospital in Dallas with $4.12 billion
- Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami with $4.02 billion
- The University of Kansas Hospital in Kansas City with $3.96 billion
Public hospitals have lately sought to widen their patient bases beyond low-income and underserved people by creating their own insurance plans. For example, New York City's Health and Hospitals Corporation has created the MetroPlus system, which caters to a slightly higher-income, better-educated patient population.
To learn more:
- read the rankings
The 10 top-grossing nonprofit hospitals
Public, charity hospitals seek to widen patient base under AHA
More losers than winners in Medicare's Value-Based Purchasing Program
Value-based purchasing could hurt safety nets
How value-based care will change healthcare
Thank you fiercehealthcare and Mr Budryk.
No Surprises here. Not with stunts like This under their belts:
The Only 24 hr PES in SF.
All the physicians at SFGH are UCSF Faculty.
Got a Medicare QUESTION? Good. Hope you get an answer, somewhere else.
What Grievance Process? We don't got to show you no Stinking Grievance Process.
Go to City & County DPH if you got a Grievance. They got just the thing for you and your Grievance. Fix you right up.
San Francisco Govt: Hides Psych Gulags, Then Shows World Its Johnson
SFDPH was giving away "Penis Shaped Stress Toys" to homosexual men, because it would make those homosexual men "Mentally Healthy" to play with their FREE, Govt. penis shaped stress toy.
You may also like:
NAMI=UCSF/RWJF $ : San Francisco #1 Psychiatric Borg Cube
UCSF Tops Public Institutions In NIH Funding, Ranks Second Overall
Its no wonder UCSF is the Top Grossing Public Hospital in America.